- June 7 - August 7, 2016
The Voice Between : The Art and Poetry of Yoshimasu Gozo
This show considers the actuality of “poetry” through the “words,” “light” and “voice” created by poet Yoshimasu Gozo (b. 1939). In addition to the several hundred drawing-like sheets for Kaibutsu-kun (Dear Monster, 2012–2016), a long poem that the poet began to write after the Great East Japan Earthquake, the exhibits include videos, multiply exposed photographs and objets using sheet copper. It is planned to present an installation created by Ameya Norimizu based on Yoshimasu’s voice, and collaborative performances.
Including Japanese and English texts by Hosaka Kenjiro (curator of the exhibition, MOMAT,) Sasaki Ataru, Homma Takashi, and Asabuki Mariko. Comments of Yoshimoto Takaaki and Yoshimasu himself are reprinted from 1997 and 2007 interviews. In addition to numbers of color plates of works exhibited, two CD’s of Yoshimasu’s “Voice Notebooks” are attached.
Design: Hattori Kazunari and Sato Yutaka
Price: 2,200 JPN
- Art Museum Special Exhibition Gallery
- June 7, 2016 - August 7, 2016
- 10:00-17:00 (Friday is 10:00-20:00)
*Last admission : 30 minutes before closing
- Closed on Mondays (except July 18) and July 19
Day ticket (Group of 20 persons or more)
Adults: ¥1,000 (800)
College / University students: ¥500 (400)
* All prices include tax.
* High school age and under 18 are free of charge.
* Persons with disability and one person accompanying them are admitted free of charge.
* Including the admission fee for Modern Landscape: For the Pleasure of People and Scenery Nara Yoshitomo Curates the MOMAT Collection and MOMAT Collection.
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo