Requests to Visitors
We recommend for all visitors purchasing an advance ticket online.
Door ticket will be available, however, depending on the crowds at the museum, you may have to wait in line to buy tickets or to enter the gallery.
Admission is determined for each exhibition. For more information, please see exhibition pages.
Requests to visitors
We are taking precautions following Japanese Association of Museums’ “Guidelines for Controlling the Spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infections in Museums.”
- To protect against the COVID-19, the museum asks that any individuals who meet either of the following criteria to refrain from visiting museum：
*Your body temperature is higher than normal; you have a fever of 100 degrees F (37.5 degrees C) or higher; or you have cold symptoms such as cough, sneeze, and a runny nose.
*You are in poor physical condition.
*You have seen a doctor or taken medicine in the last 14 days because of a fever or other cold symptoms.
*You are a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
*You have travelled to any countries or regions on which the government has imposed restrictions on entry into Japan or any countries or regions for which the government requires people to submit to a period of observation after arrival in Japan, and/or have had close contact with any residents of such countries or regions.
- We may take visitors’ temperature using thermometers at the entrances.
- When crowded, admission may be limited, and visitors may be asked to wait for a while before entering.
- If by any chance a COVID-19 carrier is detected in the museum, we will let you know on our website. Make sure to record the dates on which you visit our museum so that you can check later.
- Wash and sterilize your hands often.
- Recommended to wear masks and practice good etiquette when coughing.
- Minimize conversation without masks in the galleries.
- Keep a safe distance from others to avoid contact.
- Do not touch the walls, showcases and works.
- Please let our staff know when you feel sick in the museum.
To safeguard against COVID-19, our museum takes the following measures:
- An alcohol-based hand sanitizer is placed at the entrance.
- Our staff members may wear masks to protect visitors and our staff from infection.
- Spots accessed by the general public including elevators are regularly sterilized and cleaned.
- Some of the coin-operated lockers are not available.
- The galleries are appropriately ventilated.
- Our staff members consistently wash their hands and take their temperature.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.